Take a pizza, fold it over, press it shut. Boom. Calzone, right? Ok, it’s not that easy. That’s why we let the calzone expert make them for us. That expert? D.P. Dough. D.P. Dough is the instruction manual for anyone and everyone who makes calzones.
D.P. has been around for a long time, so there is no question about how awesome the food is. Dan and Penny looked far into the future (from 1987), and knew that OSU students would need them someday. They accepted that challenge, and cater mostly to college campuses all over. We talked to CalzOwner (get it?), Aisha Tufail, to find out what makes DP Dough a calzone place above the rest. Here’s what you should know for the next time you want to make an order:
- D.P. Dough is open crazy late, and they deliver.
- If you dine in, the place is chill and relaxing. Feeling artsy? Politely use your creative juices to decorate the chalk wall.
- The food is awesome. Go as messy, as spicy, or as diety as you want. DP Dough has a calzone option for everyone.
- You’ll get the fastest service on Saturdays with D.P. Dough.
- Try the calzones with the Hook It Up option – for an extra $.50 you can add seasonings to the top of your calzone, which makes an already delicious product burst with added flavor.
- Might as well add a side of loaded tots while you’re there, because who doesn’t like potatoes with bacon and cheese on them.